HealthCare

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Learning About the Information Gap From Jeff Monday

Posted on 8:44 PM by Unknown
I discovered a new to me web site called Monday Dots. The subtitle of Jeff Monday's site is modeling complexity with dots. I should have turned tailed and run but no.

I moused around a bit and viewed this video:

mind the information gap from jeff monday on Vimeo.



I can't stop thinking about how we do this; how we increase the size and the difficulty of learning and communicating to each other. Why do we continue to do the things we do? Why do we look at a changing world the same old way?

Why is dogma more important than collectively solving a problem? When I say we I do mean me. I just remembered something I did on Friday that was retro-communicative to another person.

You know what is scary? I'm not going to learn everything I intended as a kid. I did want to learn everything. I might have to re-think that goal.

In the meantime, how do I incorporate this concept into my current knowledge bank? In communicating or involuntary teaching opportunities?

And for those of us that are polygons (you gotta watch the video) does this mean a lifetime of extra sensitivity to the others who are preconditioned to be fearful of the different?

Time to flip the switch and read pulp tech. I've gotta sleep on this one.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in education, information, presentation | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Poetry In Plain Sight - Rosalee Thompson
    This is Rosalee Thompson reading her poem, "Everyone Gets Everything". Don Kingfisher Campbell has a poetry blog (who am I kidding...
  • In Memory of Miss Koko Taylor on the Finally Friday Freakout
    Koko Taylor sang about life, stories and adventure though the Blues. She carried forward a long tradition of telling the tales via music. He...
  • Cheryl Contee on Networking and Watching The Old Guard
    You learn something everyday and sometimes twice a day. Then again, you can be reminded of things you should have known. In this clip, Chery...
  • Public Health Movie From 1944 - Learning From The Past
    This was a public health movie about encoraging soldiers to get treatment for venereal diseases. This was something you did not say out loud...
  • The Places and Spaces In My Photos
    I have been taking photos since I was thirteen. Sometimes it is a snap shot. I try to make quality prints. No, that isn't true. I try to...
  • Do Not Yell If You Are Losing Your Voice
    I going on a four day head cold that has resulted in a strong desire for sleep and a very raspy voice. I am now talking in a whisper. During...
  • Kathleen Sebelius on Preventative Health Care Services - BlogHer 2013
    Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius spoke at the BlogHer 2013 HealthMinder Day Keynote session. In this clip, Ms. Sebelius...
  • Video Geek Lab - Core Skills Video Resources
    I gave a short presentation at BlogHer09 about the resources available to help folks create videos. This will be a series of virtual handout...
  • Past as It Plays Itself Foward In Time
    It wasn't like this. It was gritty. Dirty. There was a smell, sometimes. There was people selling vegetables in boxes on sidewalks or in...
  • Trying Not to Be Numbed Out and Failing
    There is a part of me that wants me to "do something". There is a section of my brain that is saying "chill".  I can...

Categories

  • aging (40)
  • animation (2)
  • art (21)
  • artists (24)
  • aware (21)
  • BlogHer (7)
  • BlogHer09 (7)
  • books (14)
  • buying (5)
  • camcorders (3)
  • changes (27)
  • choice (12)
  • citizenship (23)
  • comedy (7)
  • comics (2)
  • community (100)
  • computers (9)
  • copyright (1)
  • creativity (102)
  • culture (91)
  • dancing (30)
  • death (9)
  • domestic violence (3)
  • Doo Dah (1)
  • education (44)
  • edupunk (2)
  • election (2)
  • environment (13)
  • ethics (3)
  • faith (19)
  • financial (7)
  • food (26)
  • free events (12)
  • freedom (29)
  • frustrations (60)
  • FTS (3)
  • fuel (1)
  • funk (7)
  • gadgets (12)
  • games (1)
  • green (5)
  • health (40)
  • history (42)
  • humor (17)
  • information (35)
  • inventors (3)
  • journalism (7)
  • language (14)
  • Linux (1)
  • literacy (15)
  • los angeles (6)
  • marriage (2)
  • mass transit (3)
  • math (2)
  • media (11)
  • memories (36)
  • Metro (3)
  • midlife (38)
  • movies (14)
  • music (97)
  • music. (6)
  • networking (4)
  • old tech (3)
  • parents (1)
  • parody (5)
  • Pasadena (9)
  • pcampLA (5)
  • peace (10)
  • performance (25)
  • persuasion (5)
  • persuation (19)
  • photography (3)
  • poetry (57)
  • politics (32)
  • presentation (9)
  • protest (8)
  • PSA (12)
  • ramble (24)
  • reading (6)
  • religion (3)
  • resources (12)
  • responsibility (17)
  • sales (2)
  • science (8)
  • sex (37)
  • spirituality (12)
  • staycation (17)
  • storytelling (27)
  • survival (26)
  • swing (1)
  • technology (26)
  • television (8)
  • thinking (30)
  • trains (1)
  • transportation (2)
  • tutorials (8)
  • veggie (1)
  • video (17)
  • videoblogging (68)
  • videobloggingweek2009 (1)
  • violence (6)
  • viral (8)
  • VloMo (36)
  • voting (3)
  • war (3)
  • water (1)
  • women (76)
  • writing (35)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (32)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2012 (64)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2011 (112)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ▼  2010 (176)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ▼  April (14)
      • May Day Doo Dah 2010 - Parade Time Distortion
      • That's the Hell of It - The Finally Friday Freekout
      • L.A. City Hall Protest - Day 7 Videoblogging Week ...
      • Letter Poem - Day 6 Videoblogging Week 2010
      • Signs of the Discarded - Day 5 Videoblogging Week ...
      • Julie Morgan's Pasadena YWCA - Day 4 Videoblogging...
      • Music and Art at One Colorado - Day 3 Videobloggin...
      • Tranquility Alley - Day 2 Videoblogging Week 2010
      • Videoblogging Day 1 - 2010 Lemonade Thoughts
      • In My Name on the Finally Friday Freakout
      • Menlo Park Adult School Closing Protest From Jose ...
      • Learning About the Information Gap From Jeff Monday
      • Watching the Hype - No Tablet Today
      • T.A.M.I. and Smokey on the Finally Friday Freakout
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (15)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2009 (116)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile