HealthCare

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Counting Down the Days Paying Attention

Posted on 7:28 AM by Unknown
I listen to a lot of podcasts like The American History Guys. One thing I learned from the fellas is that you respect the people who had to make decisions in a certain space and time.

You can step back and evaluate it from your time frame. You can dig in and try to put a context to what the heck was going on to make folks so nutso crazy (my words, not the History guys) and you can see both sides and understand that the historical picture is complex.

If you have been around me in real space you know I've been keeping track of the end-timers. I got word on three separate dates, for example May 21, 2011, October 21, 2011 and December 12, 2012. I'll add more as time goes on.

Or not.

Now let me be clear. I cannot not nor will not disrespect a person's belief system. If you believe that the end really is here then ok, I think you have more important stuff to do than read this post.

Family Radio Billboard
I can however step back and look at people's behaviors, billboards and more importantly how some folks will behave on May 22, 2011.

It has been trippy. People putting bible tracks in my face. I must look like a class-A sinner cuz I get that a lot. The guy walking through Pasadena carrying a really big cross. The up tick in pride of knowing that you are the chosen and I am not.

The selling of everything you own and your home? Oh, my. That is some serious commitment that might be a bit uncomfortable to sleep with on the 23rd.

I mean, the whole conceptual thing is one big dang gummed wow. I'll tell you one thing; it does bust up a good chunk of writer's block. If you can't get a story or poem out of this then lay down the pen and walk away.

So I have to say that I am on high investigative alert. This is my first end-time so I do want to try and document properly. I'm counting this one as a practice because I have two other dates and I'm sure a bunch more will pop up for 2012.

The camcorder is charged up. I have got paper, pen and a spare camera for back-up. I think I'm ready. I'm set either way. I've got relatives in both places.

No worries here.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in culture, faith, history, religion, writing | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Places and Spaces In My Photos
    I have been taking photos since I was thirteen. Sometimes it is a snap shot. I try to make quality prints. No, that isn't true. I try to...
  • Cheryl Contee on Networking and Watching The Old Guard
    You learn something everyday and sometimes twice a day. Then again, you can be reminded of things you should have known. In this clip, Chery...
  • Poetry In Plain Sight - Rosalee Thompson
    This is Rosalee Thompson reading her poem, "Everyone Gets Everything". Don Kingfisher Campbell has a poetry blog (who am I kidding...
  • Do Not Yell If You Are Losing Your Voice
    I going on a four day head cold that has resulted in a strong desire for sleep and a very raspy voice. I am now talking in a whisper. During...
  • Public Health Movie From 1944 - Learning From The Past
    This was a public health movie about encoraging soldiers to get treatment for venereal diseases. This was something you did not say out loud...
  • In Memory of Miss Koko Taylor on the Finally Friday Freakout
    Koko Taylor sang about life, stories and adventure though the Blues. She carried forward a long tradition of telling the tales via music. He...
  • Past as It Plays Itself Foward In Time
    It wasn't like this. It was gritty. Dirty. There was a smell, sometimes. There was people selling vegetables in boxes on sidewalks or in...
  • Kathleen Sebelius on Preventative Health Care Services - BlogHer 2013
    Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius spoke at the BlogHer 2013 HealthMinder Day Keynote session. In this clip, Ms. Sebelius...
  • Video Geek Lab - Core Skills Video Resources
    I gave a short presentation at BlogHer09 about the resources available to help folks create videos. This will be a series of virtual handout...
  • Trying Not to Be Numbed Out and Failing
    There is a part of me that wants me to "do something". There is a section of my brain that is saying "chill".  I can...

Categories

  • aging (40)
  • animation (2)
  • art (21)
  • artists (24)
  • aware (21)
  • BlogHer (7)
  • BlogHer09 (7)
  • books (14)
  • buying (5)
  • camcorders (3)
  • changes (27)
  • choice (12)
  • citizenship (23)
  • comedy (7)
  • comics (2)
  • community (100)
  • computers (9)
  • copyright (1)
  • creativity (102)
  • culture (91)
  • dancing (30)
  • death (9)
  • domestic violence (3)
  • Doo Dah (1)
  • education (44)
  • edupunk (2)
  • election (2)
  • environment (13)
  • ethics (3)
  • faith (19)
  • financial (7)
  • food (26)
  • free events (12)
  • freedom (29)
  • frustrations (60)
  • FTS (3)
  • fuel (1)
  • funk (7)
  • gadgets (12)
  • games (1)
  • green (5)
  • health (40)
  • history (42)
  • humor (17)
  • information (35)
  • inventors (3)
  • journalism (7)
  • language (14)
  • Linux (1)
  • literacy (15)
  • los angeles (6)
  • marriage (2)
  • mass transit (3)
  • math (2)
  • media (11)
  • memories (36)
  • Metro (3)
  • midlife (38)
  • movies (14)
  • music (97)
  • music. (6)
  • networking (4)
  • old tech (3)
  • parents (1)
  • parody (5)
  • Pasadena (9)
  • pcampLA (5)
  • peace (10)
  • performance (25)
  • persuasion (5)
  • persuation (19)
  • photography (3)
  • poetry (57)
  • politics (32)
  • presentation (9)
  • protest (8)
  • PSA (12)
  • ramble (24)
  • reading (6)
  • religion (3)
  • resources (12)
  • responsibility (17)
  • sales (2)
  • science (8)
  • sex (37)
  • spirituality (12)
  • staycation (17)
  • storytelling (27)
  • survival (26)
  • swing (1)
  • technology (26)
  • television (8)
  • thinking (30)
  • trains (1)
  • transportation (2)
  • tutorials (8)
  • veggie (1)
  • video (17)
  • videoblogging (68)
  • videobloggingweek2009 (1)
  • violence (6)
  • viral (8)
  • VloMo (36)
  • voting (3)
  • war (3)
  • water (1)
  • women (76)
  • writing (35)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (32)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2012 (64)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ▼  2011 (112)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ▼  May (9)
      • In Memory of Mr. Gil Scott-Heron
      • Zorro Est Arrive on the Finally Friday Freakout
      • I'm Still Here Thinking That You're Not Gone
      • Creep on the Finally Friday Freakout
      • Brief Moment with Andy Behrman Author of Electro-Boy
      • Counting Down the Days Paying Attention
      • Javon Johnson at the USC Stage L.A. Times Festival...
      • Grace Krilanovich at the Skylight Books Booth
      • Day Late and A Dollar Short - Videoblogging Week D...
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2010 (176)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (15)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2009 (116)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile