HealthCare

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, August 23, 2010

Podcasting Literature - Salvation Road

Posted on 9:00 PM by Unknown
I have been pulled deeper into audio fiction and drama podcasts. There is so much good work out there that I've missed. I'm telling you straight, broadcasts and cable television have lost me.

I have to add the exception of Mad Men;, I don't even have cable and that show rocks. It is up there with Homicide, Life on the Streets, China Beach, Sports Night and sigh, Babylon 5.

In other words. I got nothing to watch in 2010. Not that I don't have stuff to do, I just signed up for a technical writing class.

But a girl needs some fiction in her life. Danger and excitement, a wisp of romance. Super powers and human emotions fused in life and death. Who could ask for more?

I have switched over to theater of the mind with podcast from Phillipa Ballantine. I started out with Erotica al la Carte but I'm currently listening to Weather Child. She is such a good writer I generally listen twice. Once for the story and the second time for the structure.

My old faithful, The Secret World Chronicles, keeps me up if I listen before bed time. Can't help it they are doing a heck of a job.

The last story in the current series has just posted. I kinda hate to listen but the cliff hanger was a doozy. Once I do it is cold turkey until December 2010 as the team works on the new book.

The hard part is finding the good stuff. It is the same problem video folks have. There is good user generated content but sifting it out from the corporate dreak is hard work.

Worth the effort. Definitely worth the effort.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in creativity, language, women, writing | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Public Health Movie From 1944 - Learning From The Past
    This was a public health movie about encoraging soldiers to get treatment for venereal diseases. This was something you did not say out loud...
  • Cheryl Contee on Networking and Watching The Old Guard
    You learn something everyday and sometimes twice a day. Then again, you can be reminded of things you should have known. In this clip, Chery...
  • The Places and Spaces In My Photos
    I have been taking photos since I was thirteen. Sometimes it is a snap shot. I try to make quality prints. No, that isn't true. I try to...
  • Lusting Tempos for National Poetry Month
    It is National Poetry Month. I don't have to tell regular readers what May is but stock up on the lube just in case. Replace your worn o...
  • Kathleen Sebelius on Preventative Health Care Services - BlogHer 2013
    Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius spoke at the BlogHer 2013 HealthMinder Day Keynote session. In this clip, Ms. Sebelius...
  • Past as It Plays Itself Foward In Time
    It wasn't like this. It was gritty. Dirty. There was a smell, sometimes. There was people selling vegetables in boxes on sidewalks or in...
  • Trying Not to Be Numbed Out and Failing
    There is a part of me that wants me to "do something". There is a section of my brain that is saying "chill".  I can...
  • Craziest from Transom.org
    There is a power in words and those that love them. I'm not a Scrabble head but I did use it as a healing tool at one time. Yeah, this i...
  • Break the Freaking Mold - Colorlines Video
    As some of you know, I am an advocate for alternative and creative video content. I do not care if you want to monetize or not, show me some...
  • Go On and Catch Some Tail for Yoda's Daddy
    The man put up 93 million dollars of his own money to make an all black action movie? Or an action movie with a black cast? You can say this...

Categories

  • aging (40)
  • animation (2)
  • art (21)
  • artists (24)
  • aware (21)
  • BlogHer (7)
  • BlogHer09 (7)
  • books (14)
  • buying (5)
  • camcorders (3)
  • changes (27)
  • choice (12)
  • citizenship (23)
  • comedy (7)
  • comics (2)
  • community (100)
  • computers (9)
  • copyright (1)
  • creativity (102)
  • culture (91)
  • dancing (30)
  • death (9)
  • domestic violence (3)
  • Doo Dah (1)
  • education (44)
  • edupunk (2)
  • election (2)
  • environment (13)
  • ethics (3)
  • faith (19)
  • financial (7)
  • food (26)
  • free events (12)
  • freedom (29)
  • frustrations (60)
  • FTS (3)
  • fuel (1)
  • funk (7)
  • gadgets (12)
  • games (1)
  • green (5)
  • health (40)
  • history (42)
  • humor (17)
  • information (35)
  • inventors (3)
  • journalism (7)
  • language (14)
  • Linux (1)
  • literacy (15)
  • los angeles (6)
  • marriage (2)
  • mass transit (3)
  • math (2)
  • media (11)
  • memories (36)
  • Metro (3)
  • midlife (38)
  • movies (14)
  • music (97)
  • music. (6)
  • networking (4)
  • old tech (3)
  • parents (1)
  • parody (5)
  • Pasadena (9)
  • pcampLA (5)
  • peace (10)
  • performance (25)
  • persuasion (5)
  • persuation (19)
  • photography (3)
  • poetry (57)
  • politics (32)
  • presentation (9)
  • protest (8)
  • PSA (12)
  • ramble (24)
  • reading (6)
  • religion (3)
  • resources (12)
  • responsibility (17)
  • sales (2)
  • science (8)
  • sex (37)
  • spirituality (12)
  • staycation (17)
  • storytelling (27)
  • survival (26)
  • swing (1)
  • technology (26)
  • television (8)
  • thinking (30)
  • trains (1)
  • transportation (2)
  • tutorials (8)
  • veggie (1)
  • video (17)
  • videoblogging (68)
  • videobloggingweek2009 (1)
  • violence (6)
  • viral (8)
  • VloMo (36)
  • voting (3)
  • war (3)
  • water (1)
  • women (76)
  • writing (35)

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (32)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (4)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2012 (64)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (6)
    • ►  October (6)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (7)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (4)
    • ►  January (4)
  • ►  2011 (112)
    • ►  December (7)
    • ►  November (10)
    • ►  October (7)
    • ►  September (5)
    • ►  August (7)
    • ►  July (8)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ▼  2010 (176)
    • ►  December (10)
    • ►  November (30)
    • ►  October (15)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ▼  August (12)
      • Poetry In Plain Sight - Ms. Kelly
      • Health Insurance Workshop for Artists At The Armory
      • What The World Need Now on the Finally Friday Frea...
      • Podcasting Literature - Salvation Road
      • Eric Dolphy on The Finally Friday Freakout
      • Different Voices - Civil Debate Session BlogHer 2010
      • Dealing with Thread Hijacking - Civil Debate Sessi...
      • Beautiful Tree on the Finally Friday Freakout
      • Validating Your Creativity - BlogHer 2010
      • Two Games About Women's Bodies and Both Make Me Sad
      • The Things I'd Want Other Women to Know
      • A Heck of A Town - Pre-BlogHer
    • ►  July (14)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (17)
    • ►  April (14)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (15)
    • ►  January (10)
  • ►  2009 (116)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (15)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (15)
    • ►  August (13)
    • ►  July (21)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (12)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile